A: Lesbians face unique challenges in the medical care system that will cause poorer psychological and real wellness. Numerous medical practioners, nurses, as well as other healthcare providers never have had enough training to know the health that is specific of lesbians, or that ladies who will be lesbians, like heterosexual ladies, may be healthier normal females. There might be barriers to health that is optimal lesbians, such as for instance:
- Concern about negative reactions from their medical practioners when they disclose their intimate orientation.
- DoctorsвЂ™ not enough comprehension of lesbiansвЂ™ illness dangers, and conditions that can be vital that you lesbians.
- Not enough medical insurance due to no domestic partner advantages.
- Minimal recognized risk of having sexually transmitted diseases and some forms of cancer tumors.
For the aforementioned reasons, lesbians usually avoid routine wellness exams and also wait searching for care that is medical health issues occur.
Q: What are essential medical issues for lesbians to talk about making use of their physicians or nurses?
- Heart problems. Heart problems is the #1 killer of most females. Continue reading Q: What challenges do lesbian women face into the medical care system?